The review process of manuscripts submitted to the journal «Siberian Law Hera», is carried out in accordance with the following rules.
- Every manuscript of scientific articles (further – articles) received by the editors of the journal «Bulletin of the Irkutsk State University. Geoarchaeology, Ethnology, and Anthropology Series» and written according to the rules, are subject to the obligatory peer review.
- The editor and the executive secretary of the series forward the manuscript for reviewing to acknowledged experts in a related scientific area (Dr.Sc. or Cand.Sc) and having articles on the subject matter of the article under review in the last 3 years.
- Terms of the reviewing are determined by the executive secretary of the series.
- Reviewer must fill in all fields of the form of the review according to the rules of writing of the articles for the authors. Review is completed by the conclusion for the editorial board («I recommend this article for publication in the magazine...», «I would not recommend ...») and be signed by its author with the date. Signature must be sealed by the employer.
- Review is anonymous.
- At the written request of the article author or authors the content of the review can be brought to his or their information in the letter signed by the responsible editor without specifying reviewer names, positions, jobs. The violation of anonymity is possible only in case of the reviewer consent to contact with the author of the article, the reviewer's decision of finalizing the articles in the course of the direct communication with the author, as well as the statements of the reviewer of the plagiarism or the falsification of the article information.
- If the review contains the recommendations for improving and refining, the executive secretary of the series sends to the author or authors the article with the suggestion to consider this advice when preparing a new version or to refute it convincingly. The revised article will be sent for new reviewing.
- In the case of a negative review the editorial board has the right to send the article for reviewing to another specialist.
- In case of divergence among the opinions of two reviewers the article is sent for reviewing to a third expert.
- After the decision of the editorial board to publish the article on the basis of its reviews the executive secretary shall inform the author and indicate the date of publication.
- In case of refuse to publish an article the editorial board sends the reasoned refusal to the author.
- The reviews is kept by the Editorial Board of the series for five years and provided upon requests from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.