The rules of direction, reviewing and publishing of scientific articles
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. These rules determine order of direction, reviewing and publishing of scientific articles in the journal «Siberian Law Herald» (hereinafter – «journal») published by the Federal State-Funded Educational Institution of Higher Education «The Irkutsk State University» (hereinafter – «ISU»).
1.2. The articles on wide range of problems in legal knowledge are published in the journal.
1.3. The obligations arising from content formation of the journal and its publication are remained with organization departments of ISU: Law Institute of ISU and the publishing office of ISU.
1.4. The purpose of these rules is guarantee of high quality of scientific articles published in the journal.
2. THE PUBLICATION ETHICS
2.1. The ISU is followed by international rules of copyright protection, statutes of the RF law in place, international publishing standards in the process of publishing activities.
2.2. Sending the article as reworded by the journal, the author provides to editor of the journal free law on publication of article and distribution it in the Internet. Whereby intellectual rights on writing are kept by the author.
2.3. Sending the article as reworded by the journal, the author guarantee that the article is an original work of the author. The author is aware of that available article shall carry scientific novelty. In case the author uses any publication in his/her research, the corresponding bibliographical ref shall be formally established to its. The excess drawings and plagiary, designedly inveracious confirmations are not held much truck with.
2.4. Sending the article as reworded by the journal, the author agrees to processing of personal data (elicitation, arrangement, accumulation, holding, improvement (updating, changing), using, depersonalization, blocking, annihilation).
2.5. The author bears liability for content and language of the article, selection and authenticity of enumerated facts, terms, quotations, and also exploitation of the data unappropriated for public media. The editorial staff has a right to eloin of the article about publication that a decision has made for a moment, in case if the article infringes anybody’s rights or customaries of scientific ethics. The editorial staff shall report to the author about fact of eloin of the article.
2.6. The author bears liability for credibility of information about coauthor of the article, record individuals and source of funding of a work which results are bewrited in the article.
2.7. The editorial ethics stipulates fair and impersonal referee process independent of commercial interests and conjunctural needs.
2.8. Redactors shall protect sustainability of publish creations, respect opinion of the author, coordinate necessary corrections, suppress attempted attack of the copyright in the process of citation and usage of other objects of the copyright.
2.9. The editorial staff pursues a policy of warning and regulation of editorial conflicts.
2.10. The editorial staff disregards articles simultaneously proposed for publication in other journals and also works which has already been published. The consideration of the article after publication preliminary results doesn’t exclude i.e. thesis or statements submit to approval scientific conferences.
3. THE CLAIMS ON RESEARCH ARTICLES
3.1. The articles sending as reworded by journal for publication shall be original scientific researches accomplished on topical issue in the area of jurisprudence, relevant high scientific level and having scientific novelty. The articles inconsistent these claims aren’t subject to publication in journal.
3.2. The originality of each article is checked by the editorial staff using the appropriate software and hardware systems. As a rule, the level of originality of the article shall not be less than 70%.
3.3. As a rule, more than three articles of the same author are not published in the journal in the course of one calendar year.
3.4. In the articles sending as reworded by journal besides main text the following shall be stated:
- surname, first name, patronymic of the authors (fully);
- place of employment each author in subjective case, appointment;
- scientific degree, academic rank, honorary degree;
- enquiries (legal address of place of work, telephone, e-mail);
- abstract (200 – 250 words);
- key words. Every keyword or phrase does away with next comma or semicolon;
- code UDC;
- title of the article;
- scientific specialty, which corresponds to the article.
The information indicated on this clause shall supply in the Russian and English language.
3.5. The execution of the article shall comply the next claims:
- size of basic text of the article – 10-15 pages A4 series (variation of said size is acceptable only by the decision of editorial staff of the journal);
- margins (left, right, upper, lower) – 2 centimeters;
- font - Times New Roman;
- point size – 14;
- feed pitch – sesquialteral;
- paragraph indention – 1,25 centimeters;
- references in the article shall be arranged according to the list of references: the source number in the list is indicated in square brackets, and the quotation page is separated from it by comma (for example: "..." [3, p. 108]);
- sources in the list of references are arranged in alphabetical order;
- execution of the list of references shall correspond to the standard GOST R 7.0.5–2008;
- the list of references shall include only those sources that are referenced in the text of the article;
- the list of references, as a rule, shall include at least five sources;
- after the list of references in Russian, the article shall contain its transliteration in Latin letters and English;
Main features of transliteration:
- titles of papers, monographs, abstracts of papers and conference proceedings should be selected with italic type. Titles translated in English should be embraced with square brackets and typed with a roman type;
- in case the information in English exists in the reference paper in Russian the link to English title is advisable, transliteration is not required;
- in case the reference paper in Russian exists as printed in English version of periodical the link to English version is advisable.Reference information schemes are:
- papers in periodicals: author's surname and initials (transliterated, roman type); (транслитерация, прямой); title of paper (transliterated, roman type); [title in English (square brackets, roman type)]; title of periodical (transliterated, italic type); [title of periodical in English (unique name is advisable) (square brackets, roman type)]; data-out information in English; language (in Russian); doi number (if available);
- monographs: author's surname and initials (transliterated, roman type); title of book(transliterated, italic type); [title in English (square brackets, roman type)]; data-out information in English: site (Moscow, St. Petersburg), university / academic press (Moscow St. Univ. Publ.) or transliterated unique name of publishing firm with “Publ.” designation (GEOTAR-Media Publ., Nauka Publ.); number of pages (500 р.)); doi number (if available);
- conference proceedings (conference papers): author's surname and initials (transliterated, roman type); title of report (transliterated, roman type); [title in English (square brackets, roman type)]; title of conference (transliterated if not Englich, italic type); [title in English (square brackets, roman type)]; data-out information in English; language; doi number (if available).For examples of the publication information (papers, conference proceedings, monographs and Web-resources) transliterated from Cyrillic into Latin see paragraph 33 of Author guidelines in Russian version.DOI link should include the protocol and domen spelling: https://doi.org/ID number.
3.6. For validation of the information about author together with scientific article in editorial staff necessarily submit document confirm the trend of the article indicated on it by the author. The relevant document may be abstract of decision of the department (scientific unit) where the work is made, with recommendation this article to publication (subscription of the division superintendent on extract is witnessed by relevant personnel structure) or other document bear record to course of the article for publication in the journal with subscription of the author attested by a notary.
3.7. The scientific articles necessarily present in editorial staff identic in matter of paper and electronic forms. The documents enclosed to scientific articles are presented in editorial staff in a paper format.
3.8. The documents in a paper format are presented expressly or by post at address: 664082, Irkutsk, Ulan-Batorskaya st., 10, Law Institute of the ISU, journal «Siberian Law Herald».
3.9. The documents in electronic form on this website https://slh-journal.isu.ru/en or send at address of e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
3.10. The typescript and media of soft copy as published so unpublished information don’t return.
4. THE ORDER OF REVIEWING AND PUBLICATION OF SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES
4.1. All scientific articles relevant remit of the journal get through independent reviewing for the purpose of its expert appraisement.
4.2. The reviewing of the articles is organized by the Editorial board of the journal under formation by Law Institute of the ISU. In the Editorial board of the journal shall be included upwards of eight expert in jurisprudence – Candidate of Science or Doctor of Science or holder received in a foreign country significantly contributed in elaboration of relevant field of science.
4.3. The reviewers of scientific articles can act members of the Editorial board of the journal, professors and associate professor relevant departments of Law Institute of the ISU and also experts (Candidate of Science or Doctor of Science) from other organizations. Some reviewer can be at the one article.
4.4. All reviewers shall be acknowledged experts on theme review information and shall be having during last three years of publication on theme review article. The reviews are keeping in publishing office and in the editorial staff of publication during five years.
4.5. Peer review articles in the journal is private, information about the reviewer must be in the journal and not reported authors.
4.6. Peer reviewer, looking for maximum objectivity, conducts scientific expertise represented by the author of the article. Peer reviewer should refrain from exercising peer review if he has a personal interest in the outcome of the peer review represented manuscripts or absence, in its opinion, sufficient competence for its scientific evaluation.
4.7. If the peer review of the article there is a reference to the need to correct it, the article is sent back for revision. In this case the date of receipt of the editors is the date of the return of the modified article.
4.8. Journal staff sends to the authors of submissions by e-mail copies of the reviews or motivated refusal. Journal staff sends copies of peer reviews in the Ministry of Education and Science at receipt in the Journal staff of the corresponding request.
4.9. Peer reviewer recommendations are the basis for a decision on whether publication of the article. The final decision on the inclusion of articles and other materials in the Journal takes the editorial staff of Journal, which selects for the publication of meeting the relevance and high scientific level, interesting enough to a wider audience, as well as having a good writing style.
4.10. Peer review and taking a decision about the publication or to refuse in publication of a scientific article to be implemented within three months of receipt of a fully executed article with all necessary documents to the Journal staff. On the acceptance or rejection of the article for publication the author is notified by e-mail.
4.11. If the number of scientific articles recommended for publication exceeds the number of places in the relevant section, the editorial staff may decide on the formulation of a scientific article in the queue for publication. The relevant decisions, as well as the projected timing of publication of the author must be notified by e-mail.
4.12. At any stage prior to the publication of a scientific article in the Journal the author may refuse to publish, sending a message to the Editor.
4.13. The fee for the publication of scientific articles in the journal is not charged.
4.14. To obtain an instance the author's journal is necessary to issue one-year subscription to the Journal of the union catalog «The Russian Press». Index – 39083.
Annotation and keywords (in Russian)
Short Rules (in Russian)
Article layout example (in Russian)